Inga röster
Inga röster
4%
20%
35%
39%

Antal röster : 51

Inläggav Mr Chase » tor mar 25, 2004 21:36

AKS skrev:Alltså, första gången jag såg detta avsnitt visste jag redan att Cordy överlevde. Men tro på sjutton om jag inte höll på att sätta drickan i vrångstrupen då begravningsscenen tonar fram! Damn, alltså. De som såg detta avsnitt *helt* ospoilade måste väl ha blivit ganska chockade!

Jag minns hur det var då det begav sig. Och det var ju min CC :cry: !
Gissa om jag pustade ut sedan!
Rupert Giles: "I'll be back in the Middle Ages."
Miss Calendar: "Did you ever leave?"
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Teo » tor mar 25, 2004 21:38

Fast jag visste det var det en va fan händer känsla CC kan inte dö..
Användarvisningsbild
Teo
Big Bad

Inläggav Mr Chase » tor mar 25, 2004 21:44

Nej nu är det klart att han fattar att CC inte kan dö (?) men DÅ när jag först såg avsnittet FÖR LÄNGE SEDAN var jag inte så intim med the Buffyverse. Och de hade redan haft ihjäl Ms Calendar så det normala tv-serietabut mot att kill off a major character gällde inte riktigt.

Fast Babylon 5 är värre på det där med "karaktärsmord".
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Langtry » tor mar 25, 2004 21:47

Farscape tar ju också död på några om jag inte minns fel...

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!
Användarvisningsbild
Langtry
Zeppo

Inläggav Mr Chase » tor mar 25, 2004 21:48

Whedon & Straczynski -- Partners in crime!

Edit: Ooops, läste fel. Farscape inte Firefly. Still the arument holds.
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Zaxx » fre mar 26, 2004 0:29

Kuno och vi andra: We are family.... det är VÄRRE än Religion mina damer och herrar!.. här lever vi i en sann stor familj! Vi älskar Buffy!

ps. Spike 4 ever!
Användarvisningsbild
Zaxx
Gay-polis, Buns of STEEL

Inläggav Mr Chase » fre mar 26, 2004 16:28

My Way Lyrics

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"No, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Noggster » fre mar 26, 2004 16:42

Jag ryckte faktiskt till på begravnings-scenen jag med.. fast jag sett avsnittet ett par gånger och var säker på att hon överlevde. Det kommer så oväntat, det är väldigt roligt gjort av regisören. *klapp klapp*
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån mar 29, 2004 2:57

Mr Chase lämnar walk-over:

42. Lovers Walk

Oh my God, this was an awesome episode in almost every aspect (except one, more on that bellow). Spike returns with a bang, or rather with a whimper (in a good way, mind you). Our favourite vampire is really pathetic, a shell of a loser as Buffy puts it, since Drusilla's left him and he now seeks to remedy that with forcing Willow to cast a love spell. He's really so entertaining to watch when he lashes out or spills his guts in love sick despair. I just loved how we saw him crashing back into Sunnydale right after Cordelia said: "What kind of moron would ever wanna come back here?" Home, sweet home indeed, Spikey!

You can't help feeling sorry for the old vamp. His ramblings to both Willow and Joyce are absolutely hilarious. He's got it so bad. As I wrote about "Becoming, part 2" Spike would have a very pissed off girlfriend when she wakes up. Gee, like Xander I had hoped those crazy kids would make it work!

Spike: "She wouldn't even kill me. She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or light me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? Some little sign that she cared?"

Yeah, love's a bitch. And it's rather the theme of this episode.

Spike: "I caught her on a park bench, making out with a *chaos* demon! Have you ever seen a chaos demon? They're all slime and antlers. They're disgusting." LOL!

Everyone breaks up with everybody in this episode. It's lucky that Giles didn't have a squeeze otherwise I'd have to kill myself. The Xander/Cordelia break-up was bad enough to handle. It all ends with everyone being all alone. But of them only Spike seems happy with it, singing "My Way" as he cruises down the highway. He's come to terms with what happened but instead inadvertently has spread his misfortune to the others.

Spike: "I'm really glad I came here, you know? I've been all wrongheaded about this. Weeping, crawling, blaming everybody else. I want Dru back, I've just gotta be the man I was, the man she loved. I'm gonna do what I shoulda done in the first place: I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her until she likes me again. Love's a funny thing."

Strangely it is Spike who clearly sees the impossibleness that is the love between Buffy and Angel and he forces them to face up to it. The bitter truth is that no matter how much they love each other they can never ever have each other, because we all know what that will lead to. So they have to break up.

Spike: "You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love 'til it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."

While not as life-and-death serious (well, almost) the break-ups between Xander and Cordelia and Oz and Willow are equally painful. I've made no secret of the fact that I vehemently abhor the Xander/Willow fling and I am in fact more upset with that development than with the Buffy/Angel thing. Those others didn't have the destinies stacked up against them. And I found it a bit to clichéd for Oz and Cordelia to catch Willow and Xander in flagrante delicto. But this is Joss Whedon we're dealing with here. He's not satisfied with ripping our hearts out. He has to stomp on them as well, that nasty little genius! As if seeing Xander kissing Willow isn't enough, poor Cordy has to get accidentally staked on a piece of rebar. She probably feels as if Xander himself had done it.

On a small side note, this was no alien experience to Charisma Carpenter (the staking, not the cheating). When she was five years old she fell into a pool construction and was impaled in the stomach by a rebar.

And then they cut a scene with a funeral in progress. When I saw this episode for the first time I thought 'WTF, the bastards! The killed off Cordy!' They totally had me there for a couple of seconds. Remember this is Joss so normal TV logic doesn't apply. They killed off our favourite teacher Jenny Calendar so they can kill off our favourite cheerleader! Big sigh of relief when I heard Buffy and Willow talking about Cordy getting better. Phew!

Anyway, I still feel awful for what happened to Cordelia (oh yeah, and to Oz too). I cried when she cried in the hospital bed after telling Xander to stay away from her. While he undoubtedly feels miserable and guilty as hell (and he should) she's just had her heart completely broken. It's quite obvious that she's deeply in love with him. For a girl that's spent her whole life building up protective walls around herself it took a lot of pain and effort to come as far as she did with getting together with the school dork, let alone love him. Xander probably never got that far even if he was very into her. And it's only now that he can realize how good he had it.

The sad thing is that while he might finally admit to himself that he loved her too, they will not get back together. Cordelia has a ton of pride and this was her first real love and it was spurned. She'll never really forgive him. There might have been a slight chance had she not fallen on that bar. But now the estrangement will widen as she recovers and Xander never gets a chance to tell his side of the story. Not that there is much to tell. More painful truths about clothes flukes and everything would obviously make it worse.

Oz, on the other hand, will probably take Willow back. For all his coolness he's always been a whipped werewolf puppy around Willow. "Where Willow goes, so goes my nation!" He'll forgive her eventually even if she doesn't deserve it. The poor sod.

Willow: "I can't do this anymore, Xander! I mean, this whole 'us' thing is... bleagh!"
She was right on that, the witch! I've probably laid to much blame on Willow for the fling and given Xander the benefit of the doubt. I am still of the persuasion that this whole mess doesn't ring true, but then again Xander and the rest are not my characters but Joss's. So he's the final arbiter of his creation. That doesn't mean I have to like it. With what is given, however implausible I might feel it to be like, Xander doesn't deserve her. With his unbelievable actions from "Homecoming" onwards, he showed her no respect. And he had just been promoted to locker door material, that was so cute! Who'd have in season one thought that the sympathies would lie with the Queen bitca?

Spoiler the rest of season 3 and "Angel"
I remember on my first watch that I spent the rest of the season wishing for Xander and Cordelia to make it work. I didn't know the details about the "Angel" spin-off then. But it is clear now that all this was a not so clever plot device to pave the way for Cordelia to leave Sunnydale and move to Los Angeles. I pretty much think that Cordy for the rest of the season was a wasted character, back in season one mode making snide and bitchy remarks, but this time without the entertaining snarkyness. Most of her interactions with Xander was just painful to watch. I still visibly cringe whenever I see it.
Sorry if I seem to ramble on about this. Make no mistake, despite this unfortunate development I really like this episode a lot. And in the context of it, the break-ups were an integral part.

It also had it's full share of witty dialogue and comments, like when Buffy's mom gets excited about her daughter doing well on the SATs.
Joyce: "It's just... you belong at a good old-fashioned college, with keg parties and boys, not here with Hellmouths and vampires."
Buffy: "Not really seeing the distinction."

Giles is also excited and hints that Buffy at least temporarily could leave the slaying duties to pursue an academic career.
Buffy: "She saw these scores and her head spun around and exploded."
Giles: "I've been on the Hellmouth too long. That was metaphorical, yes?"

Oz is a cool kid, at least before the big catching-in-the-act anyway.
Oz: "I can see why you'd be upset. Uh, that was my sarcastic voice."
Xander: "Y'know, it sounds a lot like your regular voice."
Oz: "I've been told that."

And what would have happened if his wolf senses hadn't kicked in?
Cordelia: "What? You can smell her [Willow]? She doesn't even wear perfume."
Oz: "She's afraid."
Cordelia: "Oh, my God. Is this some sort of residual werewolf thing? This is very disturbing."
Oz: "I really agree."

By the way, the population of Sunnydale is 38,500 according to the sign Spike runs over in the beginning. Not that big a loss since the probably have to change that number a lot.

And the song that Spike sings to in the end is not the Sid Vicious version of Frank Sinatra's old "My Way" as is commonly misconceived. It is actually Gary Oldman's from the movie "Sid and Nancy".
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav JRT » fre maj 28, 2004 9:00

Ja, det här är ju ett suveränt avsnitt. Som Angelusfanatiker gillar jag särskilt den här dialogen:

Spike: The spell's gonna get her back.
Angel: Lot of trouble for somebody who doesn't even care about you.
Spike: Shut your gob!
Angel: She really is just kind of fickle.
Spike: SHUT UP!

Det är alltid lika trevligt när Angel låter Angelus lysa igenom i handling eller replik, det här är särskilt bra efter allt som hände i förra säsongen. Angel behöver inte vara själlös för att stampa på Spikes manlighet. :)
Angel: I got two modes with people: bite and avoid. Hard to shift.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.
Användarvisningsbild
JRT
Zeppo

Inläggav Tob » mån maj 31, 2004 21:22

Det bästa avsnittet i S3 än så länge. Avsnittet innehåller allt som gör Buffy så bra.

Spike, vilken karaktär! Hade nästan glömt bort hur bra jag tyckte om honom i S2. Sekvensen mellan Joyce och Spike är ju oförglömlig. Underbart samspel. Mitt i all komik skapar man allvarliga stunder, och alla olika förhållanden i serien påverkas på ett eller annat vis.

Höll ju på att sätta tungna i halsen när begravningscermonin körde igång. Läckert klippt. Men som tur var så klarnade det snabbt.

En mycket stark nia, nästan en tia.

fan, nu är det faställt. Jag har blivit beroende. nu är det inte bara ett behov, nu är det ett beroende. Är det bra eller dåligt?
Användarvisningsbild
Tob
Watcher

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån maj 31, 2004 21:29

Tobbe_E, det är bara bra :) !
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav caffeineaddict » mån maj 31, 2004 22:59

Tobbe_E: Det är bra, men det ska inte förnekas att det leder till många större förändringar i livet. Först när jag blev så sjukt beroende av Buffy trodde jag nog att det bara var en "fas", men nu, mer än 1½ år senare, har det fortfarande inte avtagit. :)

"Ma'am, cheese is on it's way. Here's an interim banana."
- VEEP

MP3 | CD | DVD/BD | BF:s favoritfilm 1940-1949: omröstning

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Ort: Inte Norrköping längre, har jag fått påpekat för mig.

Inläggav Tob » tis jun 01, 2004 12:09

OT

ojdå. skall det verkligen behöva bli så illa. Har ju varit beroende av olika serier. Men har ju gått över.
World gonna end... where else would I want to be?
- Xander, Grave 6.22
Användarvisningsbild
Tob
Watcher

Inläggav Mr Chase » tis jun 01, 2004 12:54

Once you've tasted a Slayer, you never wanna go back :D !
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Tob » tis jun 01, 2004 13:57

:D
World gonna end... where else would I want to be?
- Xander, Grave 6.22
Användarvisningsbild
Tob
Watcher

Inläggav Joamna » fre jul 23, 2004 11:53

är ett riktigt bra avsnitt. spike kan aldrig bli fel :) älskar verkligen hans små stunder med joyce!

blir bara så irreterad på xander. han tänker bara på sig själv numera.. argh!
Användarvisningsbild
Joamna
Scooby

Inläggav VelocityBoy » fre jul 23, 2004 12:59

Spoiler Buffy s4

Man förstår att Joss med det här avsnittet insåg James Marsters/Spikes potential och valde att göra honom till en permanent karaktär... Tydligen så var Sarah på honom också och försökte att övertyga honom om att James borde anställas på heltid
Användarvisningsbild
VelocityBoy
Zeppo

Inläggav Koala » fre sep 17, 2004 11:49

mitt värld kollapsar i detta avsnitt. Seriens bästa par bryter upp.
Jag blir ledsen i ögat.

bästa paren hittils.
1. Xander och Cordy
2. Spike och Dru
3. Will och Oz
<poserdoser> Koala^^ då hade jag lesbisk sex med din mamma
Användarvisningsbild
Koala
Scooby

Inläggav Off » fre sep 17, 2004 12:22

Mr Chase hade varit stolt. Nu ska vi bara ta reda på var han gömmer sig.
Chuck D:
If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything
Harder than you think, it's a beautiful thing
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Koala » mån sep 20, 2004 11:57

Bra är det.. Lite hjärtklappning vid cordy's fall.

Men any who, det är inte bäst. 8a!
<poserdoser> Koala^^ då hade jag lesbisk sex med din mamma
Användarvisningsbild
Koala
Scooby

Inläggav Jhonny » sön okt 17, 2004 22:19

Kul one det här. men jag har väl inte mycket att tillägga som redan är sagt.
(kul att Spike gör likadan entré dock)
There is no knowledge that is not power
Användarvisningsbild
Jhonny
Minion

Inläggav Angelus » lör dec 04, 2004 10:17

också helt bäst...inte det bästa säsongen har men nära på....Spike + Buffy + Angel !!!! kan det bli bättre? nej skulle möjligtvis bara Spike + Buffy + Angelus då =P ne men detta är ju endo gången man får se de 3 slåss ihop och det är ju dunder coolt!"!!!
"me, myself and my lvl 60"
Användarvisningsbild
Angelus
Minion

Inläggav Emily » tis dec 21, 2004 15:49

Så många fina stunder.
Angel och Spike tillsammans är alltid så roliga.

B 4x07
Orkar inte vänta att se igen när Sipke försoker bita Willow och uptäcker att han är "impotent". Och Willow försoker trösta han :D
Angelus: Violate our women!
Användarvisningsbild
Emily
Minion

Inläggav caffeineaddict » ons dec 22, 2004 21:55

Damn, det här är fortfarande precis tokbra! Fyllescenen med Willow är ett av de bästa exemplen på den mångsidige och komplexe karaktär som är vår Blondie Bear. När han går ifrån att vara precis hemsk och fruktansvärd och hotar min Willow med en flaska, till att falla in i sorgefyllestadiet och börjar prata om Dru och The Chaos Demon. Den scenen är Spike i ett nötskal. William The Bloody och Fool For Love, och övergången från den ene till den andre.

Jag har liksom Off och några till fått lite nog av Spike-hysterin, men det är just hysterin och hypen jag har fått nog av också, inte Spike själv. Han är fortfarande ett jävla mästerverk till karaktär. Och det slutet. Det slutet... (I DID IT MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAY!).

Rolig detalj för Joss-fanatiker dessutom: boken Angel läser när Spike bevakar honom är Sartres Nausea (vet inte den svenska titeln). Joss talar i detalj om att Nausea var en oerhört stor inspiration för Firefly-avsnittet Objects In Space på kommentarspåret till det avsnittet, och här dyker den upp in the flesh (eller, ja, ni vet vad jag menar). Jag tror även att Angel sitter och läser den på originalspråk. Hm, jag har aldrig uppfattat honom som väldigt språkkunnig. Men det är klart, som 240-årig Undead World Traveler hinner man väl lära sig en del.

- VEEP

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Inläggav Ai » ons dec 22, 2004 22:03

Damn. Jag har helt kommit av mig i mitt maratontittande efter att jag fick en Angelbox på posten....

Nåväl.

caffe skrev:Jag tror även att Angel sitter och läser den på originalspråk. Hm, jag har aldrig uppfattat honom som väldigt språkkunnig. Men det är klart, som 240-årig Undead World Traveler hinner man väl lära sig en del.

[AtS s. 1 ]

I The Ring visar han iallafall på kunskaper i ryska, spanska och italienska.

I Five by Five så talar han rumänska för första gången.

Och i Rm w/a Vu talar han snabbt om för Doyle hur man uttalar latin.

Så lite språkkunskaper har han allt. ;)

Spike, å andra sidan... inte mycket språkkunskaper där inte....

[BtVS 7x19]

Förutom latin då... Men det är säkert lite left-overs från Williams skoldagar.

"Med ett schysst järnrör kan man slå världen med häpnad!"
SockerConny

Michael: YOU FUCKED A MURDERER??
Hunter: What's the big deal? I used a condom.
Brian: Well, your safe sex lecture paid off...

QaF 3x13

Zoë född 21/10-05 3710 g 52,5 cm
Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

Inläggav caffeineaddict » ons dec 22, 2004 22:06

Ai: Du har rätt. My bad.

Hur långt kom du i maratonet och vilken Angel-box fick du?

- VEEP

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Inläggav Ai » ons dec 22, 2004 22:08

*pekar på mitt förra inlägg*

Som synes - s. 1. :D

Jag kom så långt som ett eller två avsnitt in på s. 2. Inte ens fram till School Hard alltså.

SockerConny

QaF 3x13

Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

Inläggav sharatec » tor dec 23, 2004 0:06

Bara för att jäklas... :twisted:

(Liten) spoiler Ats 1x10 Parting Gifts:
Visst talar han koreanska i det här avsnittet?
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

Jag är underbar. Det står på internet, så det måste vara sant! källa: http://www.buffyforum.se/viewtopic.php?p=80105#80105
Användarvisningsbild
sharatec
Big Bad

Inläggav Ai » tor dec 23, 2004 0:58

sharatec skrev:Bara för att jäklas... :twisted:

(Liten) spoiler Ats 1x10 Parting Gifts:
Visst talar han koreanska i det här avsnittet?

Japp!

Du behöver inte oroa dig för att jäklas med spoilers för Angel för mig - s. 1 boxen är visserligen den första jag äger, men jag har redan sett allt. :D

SockerConny

QaF 3x13

Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Buffy Säsong 3