Angel S5: inte för snuskigt trots allt... *SPOILER AtS S5*

Ett forum för att prata om Angel

Angel S5: inte för snuskigt trots allt... *SPOILER AtS S5*

Inläggav AKS » mån feb 28, 2005 20:42

Alltså, detta är underhållning:

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The Federal Communications Commission ruled on Friday (Feb. 25) that The WB's now-dusted "Angel" won't have to pay a price for a particularly racy episode from the show's final season.

In the episode "Destiny," which aired on Nov. 19, 2003, the show's titular vampire-with-a-soul (David Boreanaz) is seen in an intimate moment (in flashback) with a female character and, according to complaints filed by the always vigilant Parents Television Council, his hips can be seen "moving back and forth." The PTC was also disturbed by an additional scene in which a female is seen transforming into her vampire form and biting her partner, another woman, on the neck. In this care, the PTC was particularly bothered by the heavy breathing.

According to the AP, in its Friday ruling, the FCC declared that the "Angel" scenes were not "sufficiently graphic or explicit to render the program patently offensive" by contemporary standards to meet the level of indecency.

The complain was specifically filed against Washington's WBDC-TV, though all WB stations across the country would have been impacted for showing the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" spin-off, which aired at 9 p.m. ET, well between the 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. hours during which noncable networks are regulated by the FCC. The FCC determined that according to precedents established by the board in the past, the "Angel" scenes weren't "patently offensive." The PTC merely noticed the rejection of the complaint on its website (next to a link asking users to file future FCC complaints), but offered no comment.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|93835|1|,00.html

Gapskratt!! Kommer dock inte ihåg när detta sker:

The PTC was also disturbed by an additional scene in which a female is seen transforming into her vampire form and biting her partner, another woman, on the neck. In this care, the PTC was particularly bothered by the heavy breathing.

Upplys mig gärna!
Last.fm | Avatar av: B-F

Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
-- Portal 2

A pit is not complete without a Freeman climbing out of it.
-- vortigaunt i Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Re: Angel S5: inte för snuskigt trots allt... *SPOILER AtS S

Inläggav Ai » mån feb 28, 2005 20:48

AKS skrev: Kommer dock inte ihåg när detta sker:

The PTC was also disturbed by an additional scene in which a female is seen transforming into her vampire form and biting her partner, another woman, on the neck. In this care, the PTC was particularly bothered by the heavy breathing.

Upplys mig gärna!

Från: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/25/fcc.indecency.ap/index.html
In the scene depicting the female vampire biting the neck of her partner, also a vampire, both characters had clothes on and "their breathing is heavy," the complaint said.

Så det är nog skrivbordsscenen med Spike och Harmony som menades men nån har förväxlat 'vampire' med 'woman'.

"Med ett schysst järnrör kan man slå världen med häpnad!"
SockerConny

Michael: YOU FUCKED A MURDERER??
Hunter: What's the big deal? I used a condom.
Brian: Well, your safe sex lecture paid off...

QaF 3x13

Zoë född 21/10-05 3710 g 52,5 cm
Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

Inläggav AKS » mån feb 28, 2005 20:52

Hmm, okej... Då förstår jag nog. Fast om de inte ens klarar av "heavy breathing"... My, my. Fast jag vet ju hur PTC är. Någon borde ge dem ett liv. Wolfram & Hart borde ha resurserna att göra det... :)
Last.fm | Avatar av: B-F

Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
-- Portal 2

A pit is not complete without a Freeman climbing out of it.
-- vortigaunt i Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav Ai » mån feb 28, 2005 20:55

Dom två scenerna tycker jag personligen var rätt så lama. Nu är jag inte riktigt med på hur många gånger, eller ens om, Buffy blev fälld under s. 6 som var bra mycket mer grafisk - men med tanke på att AtS' målgrupp är äldre så tycker jag detta är både skrattretande och lite tragiskt. Folk verkar inte ha bättre saker för sig än att irritera sig på konstiga saker....

"Med ett schysst järnrör kan man slå världen med häpnad!"
SockerConny

Michael: YOU FUCKED A MURDERER??
Hunter: What's the big deal? I used a condom.
Brian: Well, your safe sex lecture paid off...

QaF 3x13

Zoë född 21/10-05 3710 g 52,5 cm
Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

Inläggav Binchy » tis mar 01, 2005 1:02

Borde det inte vara mer "patently offensive" att en vampyr dödar en människa, och njuter av det? Eh, fattar ingenting? :eek: Sex är trots allt förutsättningen för att det finns liv överhuvudtaget, det är...rätt trevligt (så länge det är mellan två samtyckande vuxna människor) och frukten av det är små söta babysar. What's the problem?

Apropå sex, är inte Bush råd till folk för att slippa AIDS underbar! Avhållsamhet!?!? I en världsdel (Afrika) där kvinnan (den som lättast smittas) i stora delar inte äger rätten till sin egen sexualitet, ska hon alltså praktisera avhållsamhet? :rolleyes: Och borde inte Bush ha föregått med gott exempel och avhållit sig först.
We saved the world, I say we party! I mean... I got all pretty.
Buffy: I'm gonna give you all a nice, fun, normal evening if I have to kill every person on the face of the Earth to do it.
Xander: Yay?

An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her - Agatha Christie Mallowan, or not
Användarvisningsbild
Binchy
Slayer

Återgå till Allmänt om AtS