2x13-14 Surprise/Innocence

Här pratar vi mest om Säsong 2

Vad ger ni för betyg till dessa avsnitt?

Inga röster
Inga röster
Inga röster
Inga röster
Inga röster
2%
Inga röster
17%
35%
46%

Antal röster : 54

Inläggav AKS » lör feb 28, 2004 16:36

Aha! Då är det vår Kuno! Välkommen! Slå dig ner, känn did som hemma. Det var kul, måste jag få säga.
Last.fm | Avatar av: B-F

Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
-- Portal 2

A pit is not complete without a Freeman climbing out of it.
-- vortigaunt i Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav Zaxx » lör feb 28, 2004 18:21

You think it's funny now... vänta bara tills han har fått oss alla avstängda från vårt eget forum!... o det är inte fantasier!
Användarvisningsbild
Zaxx
Gay-polis, Buns of STEEL

Inläggav noike » lör feb 28, 2004 21:20

The Kuno Mindtrick.
“It's like algebra. Why you gotta put numbers and letters together? Why can't you just go fuck yourself?”
Wayne, Letterkenny.

:: snow crunch :: poäng: 51 / 100 ::
Användarvisningsbild
noike
also cute and fluffy!

Inläggav Kuno » sön feb 29, 2004 2:15

AKS: Tack! Men riktigt hemma känner jag mig inte förrän jag fått se massor av foton på dig. Kollade i en tråd här, och du hade fegat ur och raderat din bild. Mycket dålig stil. ;)

Givetvis har jag en baktanke med min registrering här. Vem gillar Buffy liksom? :P
Användarvisningsbild
Kuno
Minion

Inläggav Off » sön feb 29, 2004 2:56

Kuno tror att det är roligt att skämta om ämnet. Kuno har inte alla hästar i stallet.

Finns det häatar i e tsallet!?
Chuck D:
If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything
Harder than you think, it's a beautiful thing
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav sus@n » sön feb 29, 2004 13:16

Hemskt vad mycket post det har blivit i denna tråden på senaste tiden fast visst är det bra avsnitt!
Användarvisningsbild
sus@n
Witch

Inläggav Noggster » sön feb 29, 2004 14:34

Sen att 80% av tråden inte handlar om avsnittet är en HELT annan sak.
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav sus@n » sön feb 29, 2004 16:09

jo men så är det med nästan alla trådar noggster...
Användarvisningsbild
sus@n
Witch

Inläggav Noggster » sön feb 29, 2004 17:18

NEHE! det är BAAARA i denna det är såå!
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav sus@n » sön feb 29, 2004 18:06

ok kanske inte 80% men rätt mycket.. fast det är bara skoj!
Användarvisningsbild
sus@n
Witch

Inläggav Noggster » sön feb 29, 2004 18:30

Jag var sarkastisk, alltså jag vet att alla trådar blir off topic. (This is where a smiley could do s00pahgood)
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav sus@n » sön feb 29, 2004 18:32

jag förstod nästan det noggster..
Användarvisningsbild
sus@n
Witch

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån mar 01, 2004 2:44

Mr Chases recension av "Surprise":

25. Surprise (part 1 of 2)

Oh my, oh my, oh my! Awesome first part of a two-parter that really can't be seen separate from each other, since they're actually one long mega-episode. They totally blew me away when I first saw them and the suspense when I had to wait for the second part was excruciating.
Spike and Dru returns with a vengeance called the Smurf Demon, well, not really but who knows the Judge by his real name (no, I don't mean Brian Thompson's name). But surprise (it's after all the title of the episode) that is *not* the most serious vengeance. That belongs to the Kalderash clan which put the curse of humanity on Angel. And guess who the gypsy that got sent to Sunnydale to make sure that the curse still works is but our own lovely Jenny, or should I say Janna, Calendar. Boy are the Scoobies, not to mention Giles, going to be thoroughly pissed when they learn about this.
The scenes between Buffy and Angel are very heartbreaking even before the big sleep-over, especially when he plans to leave with the Judge's arm right away even if it is on Buffy's seventeenth birthday. And giving her the Claddagh ring was so moving. All right, sometimes I allow myself to be a romantic sap, so go ahead and sue me! It's all a matter of balance anyway since I'm mostly a cynic. (A friend of mine once said that a cynic is a disappointed romantic, oh well, go figure...)
Drusilla was excellent in all her crazy wickedness ("Do it again! Do it again!" after the Judge feeds on the poor intellectual vamp Dalton was great). And her fashion sense has improved. Spike in a wheelchair is a nice twist but he still seems to run things. He also makes a point to the Judge that vampires caring about each other is not that big a deal. Does that reek of humanity I wonder?
Giles displays an all too seldom seen kindness when he insists that the birthday party will take place no matter what. Buffy only turns seventeen once and the odds of her staying alive until she can happily settle down in the Sunnydale Slayer Retirement Home is extremely bleak. But a surprise party, with hiding and yelling "surprise", is *not* something you should do to a professional slayer! What were they thinking? Chances are you're going to end up with a stick through your chest if you try to pull a stunt like that. Good for Cordy that she was in the back when she sprung up (and the others' faces when she did that, LOL).
Oz is perhaps a bit too cool when he finds out that "Vampires are real. A lot of them live in Sunnydale" and he just replies: "Actually, that explains a lot." Well it does, but it would still freak the hell out of me and make me look for the nearest ticket out of there. And could somebody please call the feds, while we're at it! He and Willow are also cute, as usual, and the scene when he asks her out, sort of, is played exactly right considering Willow tendency to go non-verbal in situations like these. But she got to say the word "date". Good for her.
Not so good for Cordelia and Xander, though. It is obvious that he wants to take their little fling to the next level but that she is terrified about what that will do to her social standing.
Xander: "I dunno. This... thing with us, despite our better judgement, it keeps happening. Maybe we should just admit that we're dating."
Cordelia: "Groping in a broom closet isn't dating. You don't call it a date until the guy spends money."
Xander: "Fine. I'll spend, then we'll grope. Whatever. I just think it's some kind of whacked that we feel we have to hide it from all our friends."
Cordelia: "Well, of course *you* wanna tell everybody. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I, on the other hand, have *everything* to be ashamed of."
Xander: "You know what? 'Nuff said. Forget it. It must've been my multiple-personality guy talking. I call him Idiot Jed, glutton for punishment."
Sorry, but that was way too mean even for you, Cordelia! But somehow I don't think she meant it to come out that hard. She's after all used to throw insults at him only to get them thrown back. She didn't realize that she could actually hurt him. Will she learn? Don't bet on it just yet.
Buffy gets to deliver an amusing line in the beginning when she says to Willow: "You think he's too old 'cause he's a senior? Please. My boyfriend had a bicentennial." Things will not get much more amusing from there.
Rupert Giles: "I'll be back in the Middle Ages."
Miss Calendar: "Did you ever leave?"
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån mar 01, 2004 2:45

Mr Chases recension av "Innocence":

26. Innocence (part 2 of 2)

There just aren't enough superlatives to describe this episode so I won't ever bother. It is quite possibly the very best "Buffy" ever made, or at least in the extreme top category. Mind you that I haven't seen all of "Buffy" yet. When I first saw this it left me utterly speechless and in awe. I'm glad I haven't graded the previous episodes because I just know that after this all preceding gradings would have to be recomputed. There was no way that I could have anticipated that an episode could be this good. And considering that if I was to give this the highest mark I just know that Joss would come up with something even better, screwing up the grades again. So I won't even try it.
This episode is the prime example of why this is a show for grown-ups despite having characters set in a high school. It is deep, sad, tragic and even witty at places amidst all the horrors. "I got older" Buffy said at the end and my she did, the poor wretched girl!
It is actually beyond tragic, it is almost epic in scale and grandeur. When Buffy gives herself to the greatest love of her life and it turns out the way it does it should have destroyed any lesser mortal. But despite her sorrow she manages to come through in the end and rises to the occasion.
The evil Angelus is indeed a frightening thing to behold. While it at first might seem stupid of him not to just kill Buffy and her friends there is a method to his evil. He wants to make her mad first, just like he did with Drusilla. Another killing machine wouldn't be nearly as frightening, not to mention interesting. His treatment of Buffy in his apartment after their shared night was much more cruel than if he just had snapped her neck. The Judge (a k a the Smurf Demon) doesn't even come close to Angelus. Besides, the big blue seemed just to be an excuse to verify that Angelus is indeed back, that he was just going through a phase. Angelus: "She made me feel like a human being. That's not the kind of thing you just forgive." But I could have lived without the heavy-handed anti-smoking "message" when we see that evil Angelus smokes. That kind of PC crap tends to destroy many other shows and "Buffy" should be above that. *end small rant* And Spike gets to tell the vampire mission statement: "Now, I know you haven't been in the game for a while, mate, but we still do kill people. Sort of our raison d'être, you know."
There has been one thing about this curse which has bugged me from the start. It's when Jenny's uncle Enyos says that "one moment of true happiness, of contentment, one moment where the soul that we restored no longer plagues his thoughts, and that soul is taken from him." It will in effect break the curse. OK, but what is "one moment of true happiness" really? Couldn't it just be the moment when Angel realizes that he truly deeply loves Buffy and vice versa. Does it really have to imply a sexual encounter? On the other hand it would be a very dangerous curse if it worked that way because odds are that somewhere down the line a vampire with a soul will find some happiness, with living forever and everything. So, I've come to the conclusion that what the curse really means is that a vampire with a soul can't make love to the one he loves. That's one hell of a punishment and it makes a whole of a lot more sense. But why had they neglected to inform Angel of that fact? Having that knowledge would actually have made his suffering far worse. But I'm still making conjectures since that is never spelled out in the episode or in any subsequent ones that I know of.
What you can't make a mistake about is the purposefulness by which the Kalderash gypsies went about their curse. As Enyos said: "To the modern man vengeance is a verb, an idea. Payback. One thing for another. Like commerce. Not with us. Vengeance is a living thing. It passes through generations. It commands. It kills." *shudder*
So in retrospect Willow's advice to Buffy in the beginning of part one to "catch the fish", sorry carpe diem, was not a very good one but she couldn't have known that.
The scenes involving Jenny Calendar is also heart-wrecking. She has betrayed all of the Scoobies, with Buffy and Giles in particular. Giles echoing Buffy's "get out" to her is just to die for, he hurts and Jenny hurts but Giles never doubts where his loyalty lies. You know the Watcher will never ever betray his slayer and that is further amplified in the end with their conversation in the Gilesmobile. He is a great substitute father for her but for him it must be just awful to send his "daughter" out on all those lethal slaying missions. Great relationship. Buffy's mother also makes a strong bonding with her daughter. She knows that something just isn't right but she won't ask Buffy about it. She will just be there for her, with the birthday cupcakes and the light. "I'll just let it burn!" Buffy says. *snivel*
Since this is the Hellmouth things just don't happen by themselves. Of course Willow has to catch Xander and Cordelia kissing whilst in the middle of a major crisis. Her problems with that is no way comparable to Buffy's but it potentially threatens to break up the gang at a critical time. Willow pulls through though and the gang can still function. I have to say though, that I think that Willow goes way overboard on this one.
Willow: "I knew it! I knew it! Well, not 'knew it' in the sense that I had the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know. You two were fighting way too much. It's not natural!"
Xander: "I know it's weird..."
Willow: "Weird? It's against all laws of God and Man! It's (disgusted) Cordelia! Remember? The, the 'We Hate Cordelia' club, of which you are the treasurer."
Xander: "Look, I was gonna tell you."
Willow: "Gee, what stopped you? Could it be shame?"
Xander: "All right, let's overreact, shall we?"
Willow: "But I'm..."
Xander: "Willow, we were just kissing. It doesn't mean that much."
Willow: "It just means that you'd rather be with someone you hate than be with me."
I'm with Xander here, Willow is way overreacting. OK, I can empathize with her to some extent, after all she had a silly crush on him before (the operative word here is "before"). She has Oz now, and he is so much better for her anyway, so what's the big deal? You might say that Xander is a jerk for not having noticed her crush before, but then again what if he had, what should he have done if he didn't reciprocate the feelings. Potentially wreck a great and life long friendship or hope that she'd grow out of it? Kill me if you like but I'd have done what Xander did.
And this 'We hate Cordelia' is getting too old. What do they want from the poor cheerleader anyway? Hasn't she proved her worth by now? She's more or less a full fledged Slayerette, hanging out with them, doing research, making field trips. How bad can she be?
I know I'm biased in favour of Cordy but I can't help feel for her. She can't help herself being with the other Slayerettes., much less with Xander. She wants to be where things happen, and considering it's the Hellmouth and all, what better place to be prepared for the worst than with the people who could actually do something about it. At the same time there is her social standing to consider and the fact that the other Slayerettes most of the time doesn't really like her. That much Willow made abundantly clear.
As to the feelings Cordy and Xander have for each other they are obviously getting more complicated than being just about hormones. Something deeper is about to emerge and it's probably killing her because she's well aware of the other's dislike of her and she doesn't know if Xander also dislikes her some of the time. She's also *very* jealous of Willow and Buffy with regards to Xander. Imagine that, the most popular girl in school is jealous and insecure about the reigning dorkhead!
Cordelia: "I know, you were too busy rushing off to die for your beloved Buffy. You'd never die for me."
Xander: "No, I might die from you. Does that get me any points?"
Cordelia: "No."
Xander: "Come on, can't we just kiss and make up?"
Cordelia: "I don't wanna' make up. (smiles) But I'm okay with the other part."
That last part was kind of cute but she's really bothered that she ranks well bellow the other Slayerettes, and slayage in general, in her boyfriend's (well, sort of) mind. Wake up Xander!
Still she continues to help them and follows Xander into an army base, where the security really *is* a joke, to help steal a rocket launcher. Xander's G I experience from "Halloween" is put to good use and Cordy is dutifully impressed. And the following exchange just cracks me up.
Cordelia: "So does looking at guns makes girls really wanna have sex? That's scary."
Xander: "Yeah, I guess."
Cordelia: "Well, does looking at guns make *you* wanna have sex?"
Xander: "I'm seventeen. Looking at linoleum makes me wanna have sex!"
And back in the van we see that Willow falls in love with Oz ('bout bloody time) and that he's so cool about it, treats her exactly right and says that he'll wait for her to get Xander out of her system (also 'bout bloody time). She even makes a little joke.
Oz: "So do you guys steal weapons from the army a lot?"
Willow: "Well we don't have cable so we have to make our own fun."
In the end Buffy exposes the seemingly indestructible demon to the wizardry that is modern weapons technology. Truly fitting.
The Judge: "Fool, nothing forged can stop me." (Buffy pulls out the rocket launcher.)
Buffy: "That was then. This is now." (Buffy powers up the weapon.)
The Judge: "What's that do?" Well take a wild guess, smurf! Ka-boom!
Whew, this was a long review but I had to get some stuff out of my system. I'm better now. I Promise.
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » mån mar 01, 2004 2:56

Oj det tog ett tag att läsa. Väldigt bra skrivet måste jag säga. Började den här Charisma-hängivelsen direkt när du började titta på Buffy eller?
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån mar 01, 2004 3:02

Off skrev:Oj det tog ett tag att läsa. Väldigt bra skrivet måste jag säga. Började den här Charisma-hängivelsen direkt när du började titta på Buffy eller?

It has been an acquired taste. Eller för att parafrasera vad Cordelia själv sade om Xander i "Homecoming": "Well, she kinda grows on you, like... a Chia Pet."

Så det är väl bara till att springa och införskaffa X antal Angel-boxar snart...
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » mån mar 01, 2004 3:09

Ja det måste du göra om du är CC-fan.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån mar 01, 2004 4:05

*running*
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Noggster » mån mar 01, 2004 4:25

Får knapra lite excstasy innan jag läser d där.
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav karykh » mån mar 01, 2004 8:17

Personligen så tror jag att det var Charisma som tog mig igenom första säsongen, som ärligt talat inte är mycket att hänga i granen annars.
IRC
carre: jag brukade ta på mig själv när jag var liten och lekte doktor på mossans job

Användarvisningsbild
karykh
Scooby

Inläggav Noggster » mån mar 01, 2004 13:07

Första säsongen är iaf bättre än fyran..!
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav Mr Chase » mån mar 01, 2004 14:03

karykh skrev:Personligen så tror jag att det var Charisma som tog mig igenom första säsongen, som ärligt talat inte är mycket att hänga i granen annars.

Och Charisma var inte ens med särskilt mycket i första säsongen (utom i "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" där hon i alla fall excellerade).
Användarvisningsbild
Mr Chase
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » mån mar 01, 2004 15:03

/me slaps Noggster

Första säsongen har sin del riktigt bra avsnitt men kan förstå varför folk kan tycka den är mindre bra (aldrig dålig, Buffy kan inte vara dåligt). Det var ett ganska smart val att ha SMG & CC så att iaf killarna kunde fortsätta titta fastän de inte gillade serien så mycket.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Noggster » mån mar 01, 2004 15:27

Hallå Alyson då? geeeeeeeeez.
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » mån mar 01, 2004 15:32

Tyckte inte Aly var särksilt söt/snygg första säsongen.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Noggster » mån mar 01, 2004 15:34

Måhända, men jag håller på smöra mig in i vissa divisioner här på BF, and you can't join !
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » mån mar 01, 2004 15:39

Låter inte bra. Har det bildats en Aly-falang här utan min kunskap?
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Noggster » mån mar 01, 2004 15:40

The force is strong in this one, he'd be a powerfull ally.
Användarvisningsbild
Noggster
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » mån mar 01, 2004 15:44

Nää nu driver vi iväg igen ju.

Jag gillar samspelet mellan Spike/Dru/Angel här. Det känns ändå på något sätt som att Angel får direkt bestämmanderätt. Kan det bero på att han är äldre än de två?
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav noike » mån mar 01, 2004 20:18

Jag tror sire-saken spelar en viss roll i det här.

(Och jag tror du menar ännu en Aly-falang. Det finns en gammal kvarleva ffrån DVD-forum som fortfarande är nåja, halvt odöd vid det här laget. Men den finns där och bubblar under ytan.)
“It's like algebra. Why you gotta put numbers and letters together? Why can't you just go fuck yourself?”
Wayne, Letterkenny.

:: snow crunch :: poäng: 51 / 100 ::
Användarvisningsbild
noike
also cute and fluffy!

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Buffy Säsong 2