Serenity (allmänt snack)

I detta forum hör allmänna diskussioner om Firefly och Serenity hemma.

Inläggav Nea » mån dec 06, 2004 1:50

Glorificus skrev:*ASG*
"...vår programavdelning som har bra koll..."

*skakar på huvudet*

Jösses.

Ja, vad ska man säga? Dags att börja spara ihop pengar till Englands-resa då, kanske.
"I walk, I talk, I shop, I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the flood rolls back" - Restless
Användarvisningsbild
Nea
Scooby

Inläggav Sparvid » mån dec 06, 2004 10:02

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

The recent delay of Joss Whedon’s Serenity isn’t the only intrigue taking place behind the scenes. Word is going around that Universal wanted to do a Serenity animated feature film direct to DVD, in the vein of The Animatrix or The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury. And apparently, they were serious enough to commission a script. The writer chosen for this project was Brett Matthews, who wrote an episode of Firefly and also provided the script for Dark Fury. Matthews and Whedon came up with a story for the Serenity animated feature and Matthews was set to tackle the script.

However, for reasons that aren’t entirely clear, the Serenity animated feature isn’t happening. But that doesn’t mean this story won’t see the light of day. Dark Horse is rumored to be very interested in using the story Matthews and Whedon came up with as the basis for their first Serenity miniseries. If it happens, look for the miniseries to be written by Matthews, who already has a few comic scripts under his belt, including the Marvel Knights Spider-Man/Wolverine miniseries that came out last year.
Användarvisningsbild
Sparvid
Minion

Inläggav Glorificus » mån dec 06, 2004 17:55

gaspode skrev:Att SF skulle ha noll koll är väl inte så oväntat, det är en liten SciFi-film som inte kommer förrän om ett år.

Hm... Jag tror inte att Universal ser den som "en liten SciFi-film".
För det första betyder inte SciFi liten spridning längre - SciFi/Fantasy-filmer har den största publiken idag. För det andra så är det en film med 40 miljoners budget - det är inte lite. :)
Nej, jag tror vi har en hel del stora billboards, bio- och filmtrailers, m.m. att se fram emot! :D
brat: "jag kopierade galet"
brat: "du kan sluta läsa det där"
Glory: "hihi"
brat: "nu"
- msn-klassiker 2012-08-25, kl. 02.12

"Excuse me." - Boreanaz till brat & Glory, Halloween -04
Användarvisningsbild
Glorificus
Watcher

Inläggav Off » mån dec 06, 2004 19:28

Sparvid skrev:http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

The recent delay of Joss Whedon’s Serenity isn’t the only intrigue taking place behind the scenes. Word is going around that Universal wanted to do a Serenity animated feature film direct to DVD, in the vein of The Animatrix or The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury. And apparently, they were serious enough to commission a script. The writer chosen for this project was Brett Matthews, who wrote an episode of Firefly and also provided the script for Dark Fury. Matthews and Whedon came up with a story for the Serenity animated feature and Matthews was set to tackle the script.

However, for reasons that aren’t entirely clear, the Serenity animated feature isn’t happening. But that doesn’t mean this story won’t see the light of day. Dark Horse is rumored to be very interested in using the story Matthews and Whedon came up with as the basis for their first Serenity miniseries. If it happens, look for the miniseries to be written by Matthews, who already has a few comic scripts under his belt, including the Marvel Knights Spider-Man/Wolverine miniseries that came out last year.

Hade ju kunnat bli hur bra som helst. Dark Fury hade några scener som sparkade ordentligt med rumpa. Jag är ju ingen större comic book guy men man får väl tvinga sig själv ifall detta skulle bli fallet.
Chuck D:
If you don't stand for something, you fall for anything
Harder than you think, it's a beautiful thing
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav CheeseGuy » tis dec 07, 2004 13:48

Jewel Staite om Serenity (från http://users.ev1.net/~alternity/tv/jewel_staite/Jewel.html):
I know I just wrote not too long ago, but I have some news.

I just saw Serenity.

What to say about this without giving too much away? I was moved. I was proud. I was excited and breathless and open-mouthed and tearful. I still can't believe we were able to do this, to make this movie and to work with each other again. We got another shot, and I think we made the most of it. It's just the right amount of shocking and just the right amount of "Firefly" goodness... but it does stand on its own.

I have faith in this thing. I cannot wait until the rest of you get to see it. I can't wait to see your reactions and hear what you have to say. I hope you love it as much as we do.

We had a chance to have dinner with Nathan (who put us up in his home while we were in town... since we live in Vancouver-- for the moment) and the rest of the cast, and Joss afterwards. It was so nice to see everyone, and to share my first "screening" with the rest of the troops. I felt unbelievably proud of everyone.

Anyway, I just had to share. The wait, I hope, will be worth it. If you liked Firefly, you'll love this! And not just 'cause it's, like, three times the size and two hours long!!

Love, Jewel
Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » tis dec 07, 2004 13:54

Jag verkligen älskar att alla känns som en enda stor familj och att varenda en brinner för firefly/serenity.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav CheeseGuy » tis dec 07, 2004 22:33

Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » tis dec 07, 2004 23:05

Will there be a "Serenity" sequel?
Oh, we’re hoping for it. We have a deal worked out, depending on how the first one does. Hopefully we’ll end up doing two or three.

Är det bara jag som missat att detta var klart? Nu ska jag se den här filmen så många gånger på bio att jag glömmer den "såkallade" *pfft* riktiga världen.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Ai » tor dec 09, 2004 3:51

"Med ett schysst järnrör kan man slå världen med häpnad!"
SockerConny

Michael: YOU FUCKED A MURDERER??
Hunter: What's the big deal? I used a condom.
Brian: Well, your safe sex lecture paid off...

QaF 3x13

Zoë född 21/10-05 3710 g 52,5 cm
Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

Inläggav CheeseGuy » tor dec 09, 2004 11:01

Videointervjuer med Nathan, Alan, Summer och Morena

Det är tydligen en kilt Nathan har på sig.
Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav Glorificus » sön dec 12, 2004 3:47

Nathan är så shiny.

:D

Användarvisningsbild
Glorificus
Watcher

Inläggav Off » tis dec 14, 2004 23:24

http://www.fireflymovie.com/news.html

December 14, 2004

Test screenings for Serenity start tomrrow!

Rumor has it, test screenings start in LA tomorrow for Serenity.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Horrabin » ons dec 15, 2004 11:03

Tjaha, det verkar ju lovande som aldrig förr: http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18992 (mild spoilers within)

This movie rocked

Whedon has created such incredible characters and dialogue in this movie

But the best character (and I think she was new to the troupe) was a waifish girl, Fiona Apple look-alike, named River

The new film is smart, romantic, moving, fast-paced, action-packed and, most crucially, almost certainly one of the funniest films you’ll see next year.
"I wish to do more violence."
Användarvisningsbild
Horrabin
Minion

Inläggav Horrabin » ons dec 15, 2004 11:04

Ganska skoj att läsa, en kommentar är av en Firefly-diggare och en är av en Firefly-rookie. Båda verkar gilla den skarp. Är lite skeptiskt till att det sägs vara så bra fight-scener i den, jag har inte sett så många tecken på att Joss gör riktigt bra fighter. Men han kan ju ha piffat upp sin talang även på det här området.
Användarvisningsbild
Horrabin
Minion

Inläggav adolvsson » ons dec 15, 2004 11:21

Horrabin skrev:Ganska skoj att läsa, en kommentar är av en Firefly-diggare och en är av en Firefly-rookie. Båda verkar gilla den skarp. Är lite skeptiskt till att det sägs vara så bra fight-scener i den, jag har inte sett så många tecken på att Joss gör riktigt bra fighter. Men han kan ju ha piffat upp sin talang även på det här området.

Eller hyrt in en duktigare slagsmålskoreograf än han hade råd och möjlighet med i TV, kanske?
Well, I like to eat cheese. And I sometimes like to think of cheese…How it came to be. The magic thing is that there’s just, you know, a cow. And then there’s the grass and the sunlight, and then here comes the cheese…It’s kind of amazing. - David Lynch

Blogg | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
Användarvisningsbild
adolvsson
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Inläggav caffeineaddict » ons dec 15, 2004 11:27

Jag gillar Joss fighter! Visst det är väl inte Hero/CTHD-klass riktigt, men (spoiler Buffy S3-S7):jag diggar både Buffy/Faith i GD1, Buffy när hon slåss med Glory och minions i tornet i The Gift och stora slutfighten i Chosen ordentlgt mycket. Men visst, som adolvsson säger var det ju TV-fighter på en TV-budget, så det här lär bli bättre. Jag tror inte eventuella problem med Buffy-fighterna låg hos Joss.

"Ma'am, cheese is on it's way. Here's an interim banana."
- VEEP

MP3 | CD | DVD/BD | BF:s favoritfilm 1940-1949: omröstning

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Ort: Inte Norrköping längre, har jag fått påpekat för mig.

Inläggav Yog-Sothoth » ons dec 15, 2004 11:43

Precis vad jag har väntat på!!! Om jag var sugen på filmen innan de här recensionerna är det inget mot vad jag är nu.

Spoilers Serenity:
Jag hade inte dragit slutsatsen att River var modifierad av The Alliance till att bli yrkesmördare. När hon sköt killarna på Niskas station utgick jag från att det var ett naturligt drag hos henne; eftersom hon är översmart och bäst på allting är det naturligt att hon har bra ögon-handkordination också. Kan bli mycket intressant det här...

Och de två skeppsromanser som beskrivs, det mest naturliga vore väl om det är Wash/Zoe + Simon/Kaylee, men det kan ju även vara Wash/Zoe + Mal/Inara. Det känns som att Wash/Zoe är given, frågan är vilken som är nummer två...
Användarvisningsbild
Yog-Sothoth
Big Bad

Inläggav CheeseGuy » ons dec 15, 2004 11:49

Här finns ett par kommentarer om filmen, utan spoilers och med spoilers.
VARNING: Buffy och Angel spoilas fritt på den sidan, det finns t.ex. en enorm spoiler för det sista Angelavsnittet överst i tråden utan spoilers.

Nu kan jag inte mycket om film/TV, men är det inte helt annorlunda att göra stridsscener på film?
Senast redigerad av CheeseGuy ons dec 15, 2004 12:19, redigerad totalt 2 gånger.
Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav Off » ons dec 15, 2004 12:12

CheeseGuy skrev:Här finns ett par kommentarer om filmen, spoilerfritt och med spoilers.

Nu kan jag inte mycket om film/TV, men är det inte helt annorlunda att göra stridsscener på film?

Finns en ENORM spoiler för Angel s05 i första inlägget i den spoilerfria delen.
Chuck D:
Användarvisningsbild
Off
Chosen

Inläggav Ai » ons dec 15, 2004 12:20

adolvsson skrev:
Horrabin skrev:Ganska skoj att läsa, en kommentar är av en Firefly-diggare och en är av en Firefly-rookie. Båda verkar gilla den skarp. Är lite skeptiskt till att det sägs vara så bra fight-scener i den, jag har inte sett så många tecken på att Joss gör riktigt bra fighter. Men han kan ju ha piffat upp sin talang även på det här området.

Eller hyrt in en duktigare slagsmålskoreograf än han hade råd och möjlighet med i TV, kanske?

Tror det mest är en fråga om tid. Under tv-inspelningarna fanns ju ingen. Här fanns det.

"Med ett schysst järnrör kan man slå världen med häpnad!"
SockerConny

Michael: YOU FUCKED A MURDERER??
Hunter: What's the big deal? I used a condom.
Brian: Well, your safe sex lecture paid off...

QaF 3x13

Zoë född 21/10-05 3710 g 52,5 cm
Användarvisningsbild
Ai
Watcher

Inläggav Horrabin » ons dec 15, 2004 13:45

Mönsterstudenten Thomas skrev:Spoilers Serenity:
Och de två skeppsromanser som beskrivs, det mest naturliga vore väl om det är Wash/Zoe + Simon/Kaylee, men det kan ju även vara Wash/Zoe + Mal/Inara. Det känns som att Wash/Zoe är given, frågan är vilken som är nummer två...

Jag drog inte alls samma slutsats som dig, utan jag var helt intställd på att det var Mal/Inara och Simon/Kaylee som åsyftades. Detta för att det står att filmen "offers a bit of resolution" och jag kan inte påstå att jag tycker att det har saknats något sådant när det gäller Wash/Zoes förhållande. Däremot så hänger just Mal/Inara och Simon/Kaylee och svävar i luften just nu, så båda dessa skulle behöva lite handling för att vi sak få veta vad som händer med dem.
Användarvisningsbild
Horrabin
Minion

Inläggav noike » ons dec 15, 2004 17:15

Spoilers Serenity: (men är det verkligen spoilers?)
Mönsterstudenten Thomas skrev:Jag hade inte dragit slutsatsen att River var modifierad av The Alliance till att bli yrkesmördare. När hon sköt killarna på Niskas station utgick jag från att det var ett naturligt drag hos henne; eftersom hon är översmart och bäst på allting är det naturligt att hon har bra ögon-handkordination också. Kan bli mycket intressant det här...

Jag tyckte att de sades rakt ut i serien, speciellt mot slutet så för min del är det inte alls någon överraskning.
“It's like algebra. Why you gotta put numbers and letters together? Why can't you just go fuck yourself?”
Wayne, Letterkenny.

:: snow crunch :: poäng: 51 / 100 ::
Användarvisningsbild
noike
also cute and fluffy!

Inläggav Glorificus » ons dec 15, 2004 21:24

Hallå... Mike Massa..?! 8) En av Hollywoods bästa stuntkoreografer var ju på "Angel"... se bara senaste Taurus Awards, stuntgalan, där han vann pris för "The Italian Job"!

Jag tycker många fighter i the Buffyverse har varit extremt snygga. :)

Hm... ska man behöva vänta tills september nu, efter att ha läst allt det där prisandet på aintitcool..? :(

Användarvisningsbild
Glorificus
Watcher

Inläggav noike » ons dec 15, 2004 22:38

Glorificus skrev:Hm... ska man behöva vänta tills september nu, efter att ha läst allt det där prisandet på aintitcool..? :(

Men Ain't It Cool har bara två lägen -- anting är något uruselt eller så är det lysande och allt måste skrivas med stora bokstäver. Vilket även stämmer in när det är dåligt. Så om man får tro på dem, så kommer filmen antagligen bara var hyfsad. (Jag försöker ta bort förväntningar för närvarande.)
“It's like algebra. Why you gotta put numbers and letters together? Why can't you just go fuck yourself?”
Wayne, Letterkenny.

Användarvisningsbild
noike
also cute and fluffy!

Inläggav CheeseGuy » ons dec 15, 2004 23:29

Ytterliggare en (spoilerfri) rapport från visningen http://www.darkworlds.com/ls/art_16627.html

Även om AICN inte går att lita på alls så har filmen hyllats av mer trovärdiga källor (kolla trådarna jag länkade till). Det enda problemet är att det tydligen var nästan bara Whedonfans på visningen.
Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav caffeineaddict » ons dec 15, 2004 23:35

CG: Borde ju iofs inte vara något "problem" för oss då de flesta här väl också får klassas som Whedon-fans. Bara de inte var "Vi hatar Buffy S6!"-Whedon-fans.

"Ma'am, cheese is on it's way. Here's an interim banana."
- VEEP

MP3 | CD | DVD/BD | BF:s favoritfilm 1940-1949: omröstning

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Ort: Inte Norrköping längre, har jag fått påpekat för mig.

Inläggav noike » ons dec 15, 2004 23:40

caffeineaddict skrev:Bara de inte var "Vi hatar Buffy S6!"-Whedon-fans.

Nej, nu ska vi inte hacka på dem. De får ha den åsikten hur mycket som helst, bara så länge de inser att de har katalogfel.
Wayne, Letterkenny.

Användarvisningsbild
noike
also cute and fluffy!

Inläggav Yog-Sothoth » fre dec 17, 2004 14:40

En recension från en tittare som varken har sett Firefly, Buffy eller Angel:

I can’t and won’t say that Serenity was better than Star Wars, because they are way too different for me to compare them. But let me put it this way: All my life I’ve envied most adults for having had the experience of watching Star Wars in the theater before it was big. To have had that moment of “Oh my god, this is f**king amazing. Oh my god, this is gonna be huge!” Well, frankly I was jealous - until now. I now feel like I’ve had that kind of experience, and I’ll be able to tell my children that I was at the first public screening (after which they will shoot me confused expressions and whisper “daddy’s a geek” to each other).

Här är hela artikeln (innehåller några minimala spoilers): http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18999
Användarvisningsbild
Yog-Sothoth
Big Bad

Inläggav CheeseGuy » fre dec 17, 2004 14:42

EDIT: Oj. Jaja, här är hela artikeln och jag har spoilermarkerat den enda minispoilern.

Ytterliggare en recension från AICN (man bör alltså ta den med en hink salt):

I read the reviews of Serenity that you posted, and even though one of them spoke of how non-viewers of Firefly would react, he was a viewer himself. So I thought you might be interested in my point of view.

When I saw Serenity at Winnetka on Tuesday I had not seen Firefly, Buffy, or Angel (in other words knew nothing of Whedon). So here it goes (keep in mind I originally wrote this review for a message board, so it has references to that site in it):

Until last night I most definitely could not have called myself a Firefly fan, a browncoat, or a flan (see how fast I’ve caught on? hehe); mainly because I had never seen the show (a very good reason I might add). I had many reasons for not watching the show at the time of airing, the main reason being that the commercials plain out sucked. They made it look like a stupid Star Trek knock-off and completely misrepresented it (as I’ve now learned). Another reason for not watching it was that I simply have had no interest in television in a long time. The only thing that has kept my attention for the past few years has been The West Wing, and even that has gone to garbage now that Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme have left. It was during these years of CTV (Crap Television) that I started to put my Dvd player to great use to start exploring the world of movies. I have since become so obsessed with movies that I have chosen to make them my life and become a filmmaker. Granted, I’m still in high school; but I’ve got my goals pretty squared out.

So - and this is where I will make my point - although I did not walk into the movie theatre last night as a Firefly fan, I most definitely walked in as a MOVIE fan (especially of good ones).

As a movie fan I had read much hype online about Serenity from Aintitcool.com and Comingsoon.net and other movie news sites; so I was definitely excited to see what all the hype was about. While waiting in line I didn’t know what to think. Witnessing such a fan following boosted confidence in my upcoming movie experience, but earlier during the drive to the theater DamnitGirlie had said that Firefly was better than Star Wars, and that is one heck of a high standard for me (I believe in the force - if that is any indication of my dedication to Star Wars).

So to be honest; I was skeptical. I would not believe for one second that a movie could actually be on par with, or be better than, Star Wars. I was WRONG.

I can’t and won’t say that Serenity was better than Star Wars, because they are way too different for me to compare them. But let me put it this way: All my life I’ve envied most adults for having had the experience of watching Star Wars in the theater before it was big. To have had that moment of “Oh my god, this is f**king amazing. Oh my god, this is gonna be huge!” Well, frankly I was jealous - until now. I now feel like I’ve had that kind of experience, and I’ll be able to tell my children that I was at the first public screening (after which they will shoot me confused expressions and whisper “daddy’s a geek” to each other).

Now what did I find so amazing about it? I think the winning factor for me was that it was character driven. Instead of an action packed movie with people, it was a movie about people and how the action affects them. I loved all the characters, and the actors who played the - wait a minute - forget that, I didn’t even remember they were actors till it was brought to my attention afterwards. These characters were so real to me that I genuinely feared for their lives when danger came about. When the reavers came a’knockin I squeezed my girlfriend’s arm tightly.

My one complaint about the characters would be that Mal was too much like Han Solo. Although I think it could be argued that he’s more of an affectionate nod to Han Solo than stealing the whole idea of the character. But for god sakes he had the same gun holster, and he even “pulled a greedo” (for anyone familiar with the Special Edition crap in Star Wars). That’s not to say that I didn’t like the character, I LOVED Mal.

I can’t say much about River without spoiling so I won’t. I will simply say that she is by far my favorite character from the film, [MINISPOILER!]and when you see the “money shot” near the end of the film (you’ll know what I mean when you see it) you’ll piss your pants (or something of the equivalent in shaking or gasping motions). I think the true proof that this movie’s characters can hold their own is that I loved this movie with barely any special effects done.

Oh yes, which brings me to a side note. Before the movies started, a focus group woman made a disclaimer speech to the audience about how many effects weren’t done, etc. She actually used the words “When the movie actually comes out, it will be effects driven.” She couldn’t have been more wrong. I don’t think she even knew what “effects driven” means. “Effects driven” would be something like The Matrix Revolutions where there is a 45 minute battle between all CG machines. Serenity is very much the opposite. Yes there are fights. Yes there is a space battle (and quite a fantastic one at that - even though we had to use our imagination for most of it because of unfinished effects). But the effects and action don’t drive the movie; the characters do. I think that is Serenity’s greatest triumph.

Back on the subject of characters; let’s talk about the villain. I absolutely LOVED the villain. I won’t talk much about him because, like most things involving this movie, if I talk about it too much I will spoil. The one aspect that made me absolutely love this villain is that there was an actual explanation for why he did evil things. Most villains are just plain evil and do things for the heck of it. This villain had real motivation and I loved every word that came out of his mouth.

I don’t think I can say much more, my fingers are getting tired and I fear that if I delve any deeper into the movie that spoilers will come about. I would like to mention that as much as I loved this film, there are still a few minor plot problems. I was also part of the focus group, however, and it looks to me like everyone was unanimous on most of the important problems - so they should be fixed by the time you see it. But overall: you will be dazzled, you will be frightened, you will be excited, and you will be out of breath. I sure was.

MAGICDGK
Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav Yog-Sothoth » fre dec 17, 2004 15:26

Cheeseguy: Det var precis den artikeln jag postade om tidigare. :)
Användarvisningsbild
Yog-Sothoth
Big Bad

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Allmänt om Firefly